Facing an unplanned or unexpected pregnancy is difficult, but making an ultimate decision on what to do with your pregnancy and your future can be even more stressful. The reason many people choose adoption is that it allows them to provide a stable home for their child, but still gives them the freedom to continue going to school, working, or just continuing with their future plans.
There are also a few other reasons that adoption may be a good option for you, including:
- You do not have the financial resources to raise a child.
- You won’t have support from your family or the father.
- You do not have a stable living situation.
- You are currently in school.
- You believe that the mental or physical challenges you have make it difficult to raise a child.
- You aren’t ready to be a parent, but don’t want to have an abortion
The adoption process does not mean that you cannot be part of your child’s life. The process has changed in the last couple of decades to make adoptions more flexible and attainable choices for women facing unplanned or unexpected pregnancies.
Types of Adoptions:
- Open adoption allow you to have contact with your child and the adoptive parents. This includes phone calls, emails, visits, and more. In an open adoption, you can choose the family you want your child to go to and have a conversation with them before making a final decision.
- In semi-open adoption, there is limited contact between you and adoptive parents and is usually done through a third party, such as an adoption agency.
- In closed adoption, contact is limited or non-existent between the adoptive parents and you will have no contact with the child.
You have the ability to choose any of these options that would work best for your current situation. Although Your Options Medical is not an adoption agency, we can help educate you on the different types of adoption.
Contact us today to schedule your free appointment. Or visit our mobile unit site. We can bring our services to your location.