At Your Options Medical, we want you to have the facts about abortion access and procedures in Massachusetts. Despite the Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade, abortion remains legal in our state.
Get the facts about other abortion laws that may have changed recently. We’re here to offer accurate, factual information about this option for your unplanned pregnancy.
Abortion Access is Limited in Massachusetts – FICTION
In response to the overturning of Roe v. Wade, Governor Baker signed legislation to protect abortion access in Massachusetts.
A woman can legally have an abortion up to 23 weeks and six days (the gestational age) into pregnancy.
There are Abortion Restrictions in Massachusetts – FACT
There is an abortion restriction before 24 weeks of gestation:
- The parent or legal guardian of a minor younger than 16 must consent before an abortion.
For abortions after 24 weeks gestation:
- The abortion must be necessary to preserve the life of the patient
- Abortion is needed to protect the patient’s physical or mental health
- A lethal fetal anomaly or diagnosis warrants the procedure
- The fetus is incapable of sustaining life outside of the uterus without extraordinary medical intervention
Your Zip Code Determines Abortion Access – FICTION
Massachusetts law affirms that your zip code, income, or identity cannot determine your access to abortion.
Abortion has Potential Risks – FACT
According to the Mayo Clinic, these are the possible risks of taking the abortion pill:
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
You Can Get Free Pregnancy Services – FACT
Your Options Medical verifies your pregnancy with free lab-quality pregnancy testing. If your test is positive, you will be provided an ultrasound at the nurse’s discretion to confirm if there is a heartbeat and the location of the fetus (to rule out an ectopic pregnancy). These services are provided by qualified medical professionals including registered nurses and certified sonographers.
There Are No Other Options Besides Abortion – FICTION
We offer free Options Consultations. You have options other than abortion, and we are here to provide you with the facts about your pregnancy and all the options available to you.
Make an appointment today with one of our caring advocates for your free testing and to talk about what is available to you. We care about your health and safety.