Well, it’s Autumn and you know what that means? Pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins!
All. Things. Pumpkin!
I love Autumn: The changing leaves, sweater weather, pumpkin smells, apple picking, moonlight hay rides, corn mazes, it’s all fantastic!
Personally, I don’t love ALL things pumpkin, but for the month of October I overload a bit on the pumpkin. What I have decided to do here is compile a list of my favorite pumpkin items to indulge in during October and whether you’re a year-round pumpkin lover or just want a touch of the scent during Autumn, you’re bound to find something that appeals to you!
- Pumpkin Latte or Macchiato. I put coffee first because it’s one of my top priorities in life 😉 “First, I drink the coffee and then I do the things!” Am I right? Anyway, so for Autumn I love a little pumpkin flavor in my coffee. However, if you’re not into the pumpkin, try a touch of cinnamon! Or, if you are TOTALLY not a coffee drinker, try a pumpkin or spiced chai! This is a great alternative to coffee while still getting a hint of Autumn flavor in your warm drink. Also, warm (or cold) apple cider is great for you non-pumpkin-flavor-loving people out there.
- Pumpkin muffins. I LOVE baking with pumpkin because everything always comes out so moist and delectable! I especially enjoy munching on a pumpkin muffin while I sip my pumpkin macchiato. It’s a perfect, Autumn breakfast while I sit snuggled in my sweater watching leaves fall outside my window. Does that sound like a Hallmark movie or what?
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Okay, I know that sounds like a DISGUSTING combination. Before I tried it, I was not a believer either. However, I gave it a shot and this has become one of my favorite sweet treats in the month of October. The pumpkin makes the cookies so light and fluffy, they are almost more like a whoopee pie than a crunchy cookie which I LOVE because I’m a chewy cookie kind of gal.
- Pumpkin Popcorn. Again, don’t knock it till you try it. I am telling you, it sounds so strange. But give it a go your next Autumn movie night! Put on that campfire, set up the outdoor movie screen and grab a bowl of this sweet, Autumn treat. It’s perfect for celebrating the season!
- Beauty products. I know, I know. It sounds like a bit much, right? But hey, why not celebrate this month to its fullest capacity? It only lasts 31 days so we might as well do it up right! You can now get pumpkin chapstick, body scrubs, and facial masks! Pumpkin can have so many benefits for your skin so you’ll be showing yourself some love while also enjoying that scent that only Autumn brings.
I hope you try a few new things this October and enjoy every single one! Again, October only lasts for 31 days so you may as well enjoy it to the full! Have fun indulging in Autumn, may your coffee be pumpkin flavored, sweaters be warm, and the leaves under your feet be extra crunchy and bright!